Saturday, June 28, 2008

Joke Writing - Anyone Can Write a Joke

Can anyone really write a joke. There is a simple answer to that question, have you ever said anything funny? If you can answer yes, to that question then you can write a joke.

I have made reference in my other articles about the fact that if you do not write things down, then you are losing 90% of your ideas. Think about that for a moment. All the success that you have achieved so far in your life is a result of 10% of the thoughts you have had so far. Imagine what you could achieve if you could retain the other 90% The same goes for joke writing.

So now lets put the two together. Have you ever said anything funny? I bet you have, then just write it down. I can remember many times when I have said funny things right off the top of my head but did not think to write it down, and of course, now its gone.

The sad truth is that 90% of all the funny stuff that you have ever said, is gone. I have notebooks full of jokes. Whenever I begin writing something, I just need to flip through my notebook to find the joke that fits the topic that I am writing about.

Please remember that very many people are looking for excellent jokes, if you think that you can do it, and if you also develop your notebook full of jokes, then I strongly recommend looking for an agent who might be able to help you.

There is also a very good book on joke writing that you can find at http://www.squidoo.com/cleanfunnyjokes

Robert Deveau - EzineArticles Expert Author

No comments: